Thursday, May 18, 2006

Death Warrant Signed

Today on the news I heard the results. The Edmonton Oilers beat the San Jose Sharks in their elimiation rounds. At first I was happy cause Edmonton is my home town, or at least where I am living at the moment. Then I heard the dreaded news, The Oilers will be facing off against the Ducks in the next round of playoffs. My heart sank. Don't get me wrong, I don't fear for the Ducks cause I know that if it is Ducks against the Oil Slick, the Ducks shall come out victorious. The problem lies with the fans of the Oilers.

There are quite a few of these fans up here in the camp that I am working at, and they are all quite verbal and set on the Oilers winning. If they are even half as bad as the fans down in Edmonton (check them out at http://www.bluemile.ca) then I should fear for my life. Imagine, all the mayhem and destruction that has been inflicted on Whyte Ave in the past few wins have been because they were happy people. Can you imagine the things that they would to do people or places if they were unhappy????

I think for the next few games, and right up til the Ducks walk away with the cup, I am going to be cheering, but in a slightly subdued manner...so, yeah *whispers* go Ducks go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home