Monday, June 05, 2006

The Fates Don't Like Me!

Just the other day I was laying in bed, stareing at the ceiling before drifting off to sleep with a smile on my face thinking "12 more days...only 12 more days of work and then I get to go home and sleep in my own bed and rest". Comforting thought as I closed my eyes and drifted away. Then, the fates heard this little happy prayer and decided to screw my life up a little more. I got called into the bosses office the very next day and he said "guy who is relieving you has to go and see the doctor on the 15th of June and he has to make it. Since we are short handed as is, you cant leave, so you have to stay an extra few days and you can leave on the 21st, but we will try to get you out on the 19th if we can..thanks for your help"

So the countdown has increased again. 16 more days til I get out of here. 16 more days of 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week. 16 more days of sweating in a kitchen.

Seems everytime I look forward to something happening the fates find a way to make my life interesting. Guess this is payment for the times when things go unbelievably right and perfect for me. Just wish that if that was the case, the fates would give me a bill so I know what to expect*G*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home