Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Day Of Nothing

Spent the day with my nephew and my brother. Got my brother visiting the weekend and he decided that he would invite his son to come over and spend the day and evening with us. Has been an interesting eye opener. He needed to get some items for his halloween costume and he knew where it was in West Edmonton Mall. So, out we drove to get it. However, one thing I learned is do not let a 10 year old boy totally enthralled with the mall give directions. Amazingly enough the store that he needed was to the complete left of the mall and we had to stop in at all the other places along the way to check things out. Then, when it wasnt there it must have been on the other side, so back we walked. Finally we found it and bought what he needed. So, now his life is complete.

Mine is now complete as well because I got to see Open Season in 3D IMAX theatre. Oh yeah, the movie is good no it's own, but add the dimension of 3D IMAX and it takes on a whole new meaning. Laughed through the whole thing, felt sad for the bear in the right spots and came out talking like McSquizzy. Yeah, definitly a movie worth watching.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blueheeler - the hound who sniffs out fishy news said...

Just like Superman can't save EVERYONE from evil, my mind-reading/control can be switched on/off as I please. So, to enjoy a good game of poker with friends, I'll switch it off, naturally. And just like every superhero, there'll be an archenemy that can block/disrupt my power, so i can't be invincible. But I still think that there's much importance in what you said, esp. if such a hero works for the men-in-white in S'pore. With all the responsibilities burdening a superhero, maybe it's easier to fantasize about how to spend $1billion...

9:02 PM  
Blogger Blueheeler - the hound who sniffs out fishy news said...

Well, I think you meant to say that that "Freedom of speech is really something that isnt that free in OUR world." I've lived in Aust/London long enough to know that these countries berate others for their lack of 'free speech' but yet they never reflect on their own situations. You are in Canada right? Look at how Harper is putting a 'gag' order on what govt officials can/cannot report to the public. That's not 'transparency' is it?

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home