Saturday, April 14, 2007

Stella Artois as a measure of IQ

While at the movies the past couple of days, I had the pleasure of having a similiar happening happen twice, and I wonder if this is a sign of some of the thickness of the younger generation ahead. Before all the movies that I have watched, the theatres showed this ad for Stella Artois beer:



Now, twice that it was shown, two different people, at two different times, had a similiar reaction to it that got me thinking about the kids these days and their watching and processing ability of information. After the commercial the first time, the person (male, in the range of 17) turned to his friends and went "Ahhhh, I get it now...." to which there was a general murmuring of questions that were answered with "shhhh, tell you later" and then the movie started and I really didnt give it any thought. The next time, the commercial showed and then at the end, a female (aged 15/16ish) turned to her movie companion with the statement "I don't get it...do you get it" to which there was silence. Now, granted in that case it could be a case of the 2nd girl got it and she was giving the look of "are you freaking serious??????" in the dark theatre that I could not see.

Please, please, please tell me that every else out there that watches this commercial 'gets it'. I hate to think that all the countries of the world have the next generation of their country like this. Makes me think of the movie 'Idiocracy' that I just recently watched with much disgust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home