Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sound Bite

Ok, sound bite for the day. I was watching Speakers Corner tonight and they were asking the question "what do you think life was like in the universe before the big bang?". I went looking through Youtube and google places for this bit so that I could prove that I am not lying when I write what I heard being said. There was the usual answers of "nothingness" and "space", though a funny one was "A vast nothingness and void...sort of like Saskatchewan". However, the prize goes to two women, though I should also mention that they both were blonde but I dont think that has anything to do with their comments, that had this to say (Slightly paraphrased I am afraid but the meaning is there):

"I think we should stop taking the easy route out for creation and give credit where credit is due. There was no big bang but instead God created everything as we see it today. Why take the easy way out and say that it had to do with a big explosion. We should stick to the truth, and that truth is that God created the universe and all that is in it and not some stupid explosion"

Ok...the Big Bang theory is the 'easy' way out? You mean compiling scientific data, mathematical equations and rationale thought and plausability about the existance of anti-matter joining with other spacial anomolies to create life as we know it is the 'easy way out', whereas taking a book (basically a story) written by madmen/prophets and how some omnipotent/omnipresent being snapped his fingers and in 6 days created the cosmos and all that is around out of nothing is the harder thing to prove. Ok...right...

For that sort of thinking, I believe these two blondes deserve the Sound Bite Of The Week Award.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home