Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The greatest adventure is nearly upon me. Spent the last two weeks saying goodbye to friends and family, shaking hands, giving hugs, tearful farewells and the like. Just wish I could have stayed in one space for the last 14 years, cause my friends are pretty much scattered around. Had to do quite a trip driving and all to say good bye to people. Seems the whole gang is growing up and all. One has a house and kid already there, and the other has a house in the near future with another wedding happening, me moving away to Singapore.

Things that have had me sort of laughing? First off is the looking for an apartment to live in. Luckily, my wife has been doing the looking and trying to find a place though we have decided that we wont really 'view' a place til I am there so that she can get my input into the place and we can make a joint decision. I browse through the ads now and then, but when I get to ads that actually say "No India or China" or "Malaysians Only" or "No Malay workers" has me sort of shaking my head. I was told this was because some people have worries renting to certain people because there is a trend that some people are just unreliable. I have heard that in Canada as well, though we call that stereotyping and discrimination. Even though it does exist, there are laws that are out there that stop it from happening. Just the blatant "NONE OF YOUR KIND" is sort of interesting in my mind.

But, as for Canada, I have my utilities canceled, bags are packed, people said goodbye and wife waiting patiently for me in Singapore. Now all I need is an over zealous customs officer, bucking for a promotion for more pay, to find a small little thing wrong with my travel documents and send me back to Canada. But will see what happens in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home